Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Simpsons Wrestling voice files help (PSX)
Ok, I am completely new at this so I may be missing a few things in oversight.

I have been at it trying to rip Mr. Burns' files for Simpsons Wrestling (PSX) off of an ISO  for a while, but the layout of this entire game is kind of strange. First I tried Jpsxdec to locate where the sound files were located in the game, and apparently they were in another giant file called BIG.bin.

So I loaded that part separately into the program. Nothing popped up. I opened up BIG.bin with notepad to take a look at the script to see what type of files were included and if I could locate the names of the sound files and it looks like gibberish with some sparse names. It was wingdings level gibberish.

I tried a few other programs until I downloaded Psound. It actually located the files and I thought I had success, but apparently every one I play it only starts for a fragment of a second before stopping. I messed around the Hz settings, that didn't change the length. I looked at another topic to see if the files were fragmented and the reason for not playing as whole since it was converted as mono, but that wasn't the case.

I googled for Psound issues to see if anyone else had problems with files that weren't playing all the way through and so far I found nothing.

So now I have a whole bunch of files which I finally located, but they are not playing all the way through.

Any pointers? Help? Should I summon a demon lord?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Simpsons Wrestling voice files help (PSX) - by SchemingMinor - 05-08-2016, 12:51 AM