Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Character names in games. Do you name them and does it matter?
If I'm given a single silent male protagonist to name, like in LoZ, I usually just call him Jer or Jeremy.

If it's a character with a more defined personality of its own, I'll often just leave it as is, unless I don't like the default name or am just in a particularly goofy mood when I start the game.

If I'm given a group of characters to name, I'll usually come up with a theme to name them after. Like I'll name all the characters after foods or musicians or something.

If it's a game where I get to customize the character, more often than not I'll try to recreate one of my roleplaying characters and name them after that. I have a character named Jenny that gets used fairly often.

Incidentally any time a game gives me a gender option I almost always prefer to play a girl unless I don't like the design of that character. Never been much of a fan of the "project yourself onto the character" idea; I prefer them to be as far from myself as possible.
Thanked by: psychospacecow, Kriven

Messages In This Thread
RE: Character names in games. Do you name them and does it matter? - by Jermungandr - 11-10-2015, 10:26 PM