Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
M&L: Beanbean Circuit Revival
[Image: mlbbc_logo.png]

So about 2003 I was part of a group working on a Mario Kart style game using sprites from the M&L series (You can read up about it here). Long time ago I know, so this is sort of a revival of that concept (ish). I say ish as this is not really a project that I intend on working into a final product, but instead is a project I am working on while learning about the technical side of game development in HTML5 and javascript. However I thought if I made something while I learnt that it would test skills and hopefully someone would find it of interest.

So there are a few differences from the game prior, thought I would show off some screenshots of the build to highlight them.

[Image: mlbbc_1.png]
The previous versions were sideview, while interesting I did feel that tracks would loose some of that karting feel, so they are 8 directional and allows for more typical Karting play.

[Image: mlbbc_2.png]
I really want to take across some more elements from M&L and not just the art style. Attacks and elements will most likely come from the series as a whole.

[Image: mlbbc_3.png]
RPGs tend to be about battling bosses so working in a similar concept as well. I'll go into more detail when I have a build complete and or video of the build created.

So yes that really is all I wanted to show off right now, hopefully more to follow as I get a chance to work on some things in my free time. Oh and of course thought I would mention that I plan on this being open source so if folk are interested in things they see they can have a look at the code but being the first test project I doubt it will be all too advanced to devs.
Thanked by: SeanHicksArt

Messages In This Thread
M&L: Beanbean Circuit Revival - by Flare - 05-12-2015, 02:13 PM
RE: M&L: Beanbean Circuit Revival - by Flare - 05-28-2015, 11:15 AM
RE: M&L: Beanbean Circuit Revival - by Omega - 05-28-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: M&L: Beanbean Circuit Revival - by Flare - 05-29-2015, 02:58 AM