Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Does the look of the DKC series match the gameplay?
/\ this

Like... You may even be right about the 'style clash' of Donkey Kong Country - in fact I read somewhere that Miyamoto said the first installment of DKC was pretty bad game-wise, using the '3D graphics' as gimmick (and I kinda see what he meant with that). At least, the music combined with the realistic graphics, with great ambient/orchestrated music. Fortunately DKC2 and 3 revamped pretty much anything the first game set, but that's not exactly the thread's theme.

I guess that stylistically, DK64 is much more 'DK' than those previous games, and subsequent games have been nailing it - the environments are detailed and cartoony and it's nce to look at (Rare had mastered N64 graphics, making big and pretty levels and characters. Conker is an example of that kind of quality).

But honestly, if I'm concerned, I wouldn't really care about style thaaat much seeing that I hate DK64 and love DKC2. In the end, it's all a matter of taste - and I do like DK, I'm just not crazy about it (actually I'm not crazy about anything... being a diehard fan isn't for me).
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: E-Man

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the look of the DKC series match the gameplay? - by Gors - 04-13-2015, 06:59 AM