Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Persistent spline width? (3D Rendering Q)
I've been thinking my way around figuring out rendering styles in 3ds max for a Pseudo-2D type of effect and I was wondering if anyone here had any knowledge about this particular idea I've been trying to implement.

The idea is that I would have a 3D model set up with splines linked to it. While the camera moves towards and away from the object, the splines would render the same line width regardless of distance from the camera.

Would I have to find a way to set this up or is there this kind of functionality included in any 3D package?

I would use the Ink n' paint material, but some of the results that it gives are at times unpredictable and often end up looking rather messier than I would like. I've also looked around for this type of effect, but I'm not entirely confident that the search terms I've been using have been used.
Salvador Dali Wrote: Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you.
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Persistent spline width? (3D Rendering Q) - by Sketchasaurus - 01-01-2015, 04:18 PM