Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Guilty Gear Xrd support in Umodel/UE Viewer
(12-06-2014, 11:08 AM)Kharaxel Wrote:
(12-05-2014, 09:51 PM)The Prawn Wrote: I had no idea Guilty Gear Xrd had 3d models in it; I thought it was all 2D like every other Guilty Gear game (comes to show how much I know about the latest fighting games  Tongue )

Anyway, mind if I request Millia Rage, I-no, and May?

Give me a bit, and I'll upload them for you.
I will include all .psk and necessary .tga files for textures.

You can then convert them with either Noesis, newest Blender or 3DS Max with the importer script.
You can supposedly use even Milkhape to import and export the files, but eh.

My own workflow is this:
PSK  -> Noesis -> Valve SMD -> Blender (With Source Model Tools addon) - > Autodesk FBX - > Back to Blender.

The reason why I don't use the smd files and leave it at that, is because the characters have heads and bodies (and other parts) separately.
As such, when I import the SMD into newest Blender, it screams eventually that model has too much bones. So I first import each smd part separately. Separate the meshes by materials first, and then export the part to Autodesk SMD. This is for the newest version of Blender though. You need to download the source Tools separately, they're free.

I would advise against exporting to dae from Noesis, because bones become weird when imported in blender.

Oh yeah, all characters have shadow meshes and decal meshes with them, which is why I separate them by material before exporting to fbx and importing back. Because then you can easily hide/remove them if you don't need them.

Oh my god you are a godsend. I've been trying to figure out how to access the mesh files on the .iso, and I'm failing so hard. Could you rip all of the Sol Badguy files? I would greatly appreciate it.
Can you also explain your method of extracting your models? I've been trying to figure out Ueviewer but GGXRD's file arrangement seems different from other games.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guilty Gear Xrd support in Umodel/UE Viewer - by skullmonkeys - 12-06-2014, 10:08 PM