The VG Resource

Full Version: Guilty Gear Xrd support in Umodel/UE Viewer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So yeah, I asked Gildor on his forum, if it would be possible to add support for this game.
I provided him with all necessary files (addmitedly after couple of hurdles) and in the end Gildor, being amazing as he is, updated UE Viewer to support this game.

http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel

Grab the newest version here, and if you want, grab the actorx importer for 3DS Max.
I believe Blender 2.71 has support for psk/psa import.

If anybody wants the files related to a certain character from the game, I can provide. Though finding the game itself is not that hard.
Or if you own it, and have a jailbroken ps3, feel free to dump the game yourself.

And just so you know I'm not screwing around...
PSK Models List (With textures. Animations not included)

Also here's a link to two articles translated by someone called Chev. These articles are about both shading and animation techniques used in GGXRD. They were originally posted by one of the devs of XRD.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthrea...44&page=10
I had no idea Guilty Gear Xrd had 3d models in it; I thought it was all 2D like every other Guilty Gear game (comes to show how much I know about the latest fighting games  Tongue )

Anyway, mind if I request Millia Rage, I-no, and May?
I've never played a single Guilty Gear game, but this is great news nonetheless.
(12-05-2014, 09:51 PM)The Prawn Wrote: [ -> ]I had no idea Guilty Gear Xrd had 3d models in it; I thought it was all 2D like every other Guilty Gear game (comes to show how much I know about the latest fighting games  Tongue )

Give me a bit, and I'll upload them for you.
I will include all .psk and necessary .tga files for textures.

You can then convert them with either Noesis, newest Blender or 3DS Max with the importer script.
You can supposedly use even Milkhape to import and export the files, but eh.

My own workflow is this:
PSK  -> Noesis -> Valve SMD -> Blender (With Source Model Tools addon) - > Autodesk FBX - > Back to Blender.

The reason why I don't use the smd files and leave it at that, is because the characters have heads and bodies (and other parts) separately.
As such, when I import the SMD into newest Blender, it screams eventually that model has too much bones. So I first import each smd part separately. Separate the meshes by materials first, and then export the part to Autodesk SMD. This is for the newest version of Blender though. You need to download the source Tools separately, they're free.

I would advise against exporting to dae from Noesis, because bones become weird when imported in blender.

Oh yeah, all characters have shadow meshes and decal meshes with them, which is why I separate them by material before exporting to fbx and importing back. Because then you can easily hide/remove them if you don't need them.
(12-06-2014, 11:08 AM)Kharaxel Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2014, 09:51 PM)The Prawn Wrote: [ -> ]I had no idea Guilty Gear Xrd had 3d models in it; I thought it was all 2D like every other Guilty Gear game (comes to show how much I know about the latest fighting games  Tongue )

You can then convert them with either Noesis, newest Blender or 3DS Max with the importer script.

My own workflow is this:
PSK  -> Noesis -> Valve SMD -> Blender (With Source Model Tools addon) - > Autodesk FBX - > Back to Blender.

The reason why I don't use the smd files and leave it at that, is because the characters have heads and bodies (and other parts) separately.
As such, when I import the SMD into newest Blender, it screams eventually that model has too much bones. So I first import each smd part separately. Separate the meshes by materials first, and then export the part to Autodesk SMD. This is for the newest version of Blender though. You need to download the source Tools separately, they're free.

I would advise against exporting to dae from Noesis, because bones become weird when imported in blender.

Oh yeah, all characters have shadow meshes and decal meshes with them, which is why I separate them by material before exporting to fbx and importing back. Because then you can easily hide/remove them if you don't need them.

Oh my god you are a godsend. I've been trying to figure out how to access the mesh files on the .iso, and I'm failing so hard. Could you rip all of the Sol Badguy files? I would greatly appreciate it.
Can you also explain your method of extracting your models? I've been trying to figure out Ueviewer but GGXRD's file arrangement seems different from other games.
(12-06-2014, 10:08 PM)skullmonkeys Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2014, 11:08 AM)Kharaxel Wrote: [ -> ]

My own workflow is this:

Oh my god you are a godsend. I've been trying to figure out how to access the mesh files on the .iso, and I'm failing so hard. Could you rip all of the Sol Badguy files? I would greatly appreciate it.
Can you also explain your method of extracting your models? I've been trying to figure out Ueviewer but GGXRD's file arrangement seems different from other games.
You need Aldos Ps3 Tools to extract the .psarc file, where all the meat and bones are... so to speak.

The tools contain many other useful things which might come in handy in PS3 ripping to you, so I suggest you keep them. But eh.

Here's some H-Poly models for now in .psk format. Textures are included, buuuut, I excluded the .psa animations because they are pretty big.

Millia Rage
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/4432013/file.html

Dizzy
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/67155048/file.html

May
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/93639700/file.html

I-NO
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/3187554/file.html

That Man
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/46135697/file.html

Sol Badguy
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/18351963/file.html

I'll post more later, so consider these a foretaste. I will also upload the normal models, and their various alternate materials.

Sorry to double post, but I updated the OP with a certain link that some might find interesting.
This is wonderful news. I was hoping that support would be added quickly.

EDIT: Played around with the models a bit in 3D Studio Max.

Suffix to Material/Channel/Map reference:
base = Standard/Diffuse Color/Bitmap
decal = Standard/Diffuse Color, Opacity/Bitmap
ilm = Standard/Self-Illumination/Bitmap
Sss = Standard/Specular Color/Bitmap

This game uses colour 7E7F7E (126R,127G,126B) for masking.
In the Output rollout of the Opacity channel of the M_Decal material, select the "Invert" checkbox, and set the "Output Amount" to 4.686.
Could you rip Ramlethal Valentine and Elphelt Valentine ?
Would love to see Faust.

Also how would I go about combining the models and textures together? Very new at this.
(12-26-2014, 03:39 PM)wwm0nkey Wrote: [ -> ]how would I go about combining the models and textures together?
This depends. Are you using Kharaxel's process, or the usual (UE Viewer>3D Studio Max+ActorX Importer)?
(12-26-2014, 05:25 PM)Friedslick6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2014, 03:39 PM)wwm0nkey Wrote: [ -> ]how would I go about combining the models and textures together?
This depends. Are you using Kharaxel's process, or the usual (UE Viewer>3D Studio Max+ActorX Importer)?

Honestly not using any process atm, completely new to like ALL of this lol
(12-28-2014, 04:46 AM)wwm0nkey Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly not using any process atm, completely new to like ALL of this lol
Oh lol. Um... Well are you familiar with any 3D model editing software?
You should start there.

These models are not simple to have their textures applied, due to using multiple texture IDs per mesh. ActorX Importer correctly imports the texture IDs, although it often makes multiple IDs for the same texture due to over-accurate model format conversion... I'm not sure about other methods of importing.
[img][Image: ram_er_zps82380480.jpg][/img]

hello everyone~~what happened to my 3DMAX2012 and 2013~~“ actorx importer”use the latest version~you can see all character‘s bones are wrong~~help~~~

Many animation/.psa files are wrong~just like faust' kancho fingers~how to fix it~0,0
[img][Image: fa_er_zps31e06b51.jpg][/img]
Would there be any way to get files compatible with maya?
Does anyone know if the actorx importer messes with the model's vertex normals. According to Chev's posts in the link, the creators tweaked the vertex normals so the characters would look more 2d. The vertex normals on the models I've imported are clearly not right. Any solutions?
Pages: 1 2