Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario RPG: The Starlite Worlds (FULL GAME)
Actually, the writing is what got me here. @__@

It's Super Mario RPG writing with the visual slapstick of the Mario and Luigi games...and Bowser doesn't feel that much like Bowser. He kinda sounds like that loud guy at the cocktail party who wants everyone to think he's a real cool guy but instead comes off as a massive dweeb, written far too colloquially for Bowser. And that's a bit of an issue, being he's the mouthpiece of the Mario Bros. in this game.

i.e. in the final battle: "THIS, we can agree on!!" is not grammatically sound no matter where you go - I get it and how it's being used, but it just doesn't read well.

If you're considering returning to that part, I'd suggest [dialogue + scripting]:
cue Bowser chuckle, Mario's pre-jump squat animation -> "Now THAT'S something we can agree on!" -> Bowser fight pose [that level-up one from BIS would do] "Let's put an end to this and restore peace to our world, Mario!" -> close bubble, Mario leaps in

It'd really play up the momentum during that cutscene. :V

If anything, though your other characters are written well, and the gameplay seems super solid! It's just...
Bowser doesn't seem very Bowserish. :/

Oh - and one more thing: Does "Fungah! Foiled again!" make any appearance in the entirety of the game's script? This is important as you can't consider this game a sequel to the Squaresoft-made "Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars" without it
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Mario RPG: The Starlite Worlds (FULL GAME) - by Kosheh - 12-15-2014, 12:36 PM