Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Taking a crack at game development
Even though I am already working on an RPG with a friend of mine, I decided to work on an additional game just for fun. I may only be good enough to program a simple button in Flash, but I am willing to do almost all the visual assets and concepts.

I actually have two ideas for how this game should go, but I would only like to choose one for simplicity sake. I don't mind working on both, but which one should I at least invest more time into?

This is a rough mockup for a click and point adventure game. A lot of the inspiration comes from the ones created by Lucas Arts adventure games. This one will feature more than one playable character and it will work like how Day of the Tentacle does. Also, since I'm taking inspiration from Lucas Arts for this, I don't want any of my characters to die or get caught in a puzzle that's unsolvable because you missed the trinket you only have one shot to collect.

As for this one, this is my idea for a platform game. I'm going to use elements from multiple slidescrolling for this one, but my base inspriation comes from Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

For the visual style, I want to go for how Wario Land: Shake it pulls it off. That means I'm going to have to paint beautiful backgrounds and animate characters as if they appeared in a fluidly animated cartoon. Since I like doing both of these, this part should be no trouble at all.

As for the programming, that's the hardest part. I would like it if you guys were to help me with this part if you don't mind. I don't need for it to be programmed right away, but I would like work to begin the moment I flesh out this game a lot more. Luckily, I found a couple of engines that would work for each concept I have in mind.

http://www.alpacaengine.com
http://edward.sophiehoulden.com

Before you ask, I would prefer if this game was programmed in Flash. That way, anyone is able to play it regardless if they use a PC or a Mac (like I do). Of course, I am flexible with whatever programming language you guys would like to use as long as I am able to play the game on my own OS without any problems.

What do you think?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-19-2014, 07:58 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-20-2014, 11:28 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-22-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-23-2014, 06:24 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-23-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-24-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-27-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-28-2014, 06:58 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-28-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-29-2014, 11:00 AM