Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Fighter's Resource [Program] (Updated 4/26/17)
Tom, what kind of programming constructs (I think that's the word?) do you have access to? Can you create a List/array/cache/container like objects? I think that's the minimal you'd need before things get really tedious.

I imagine that you'd have 2 time windows. One is an Input stringing window. It's a very small window, maybe a few frames long. If a new key is pressed and "windowTime > 0", the new input gets strung onto the current Input string. If a new key is pressed and "windowTime <= 0", then a new Input string starts altogether.

The next window is for the lifetime of a Input string. When that window < 0, the current Input string is invalid/removed/dead.

I'm unsure how fighting game input buffering works, but at this point, you have a buffer of Input strings. You can go through each input string and cache the Moves that can be created from that string (multiple moves (subMoves) can come from a single input string -- however, "consuming"/executing a sub/move consumes the entire input string that the submove came from). At this time, you have a buffer of Moves. You probably want to check a Move's subMoves from the longest to shortest to decide what move to do.

I hope that stuff made sense and is helpful
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]

Messages In This Thread
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by TomGuycott - 05-21-2014, 05:57 AM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by NICKtendo DS - 05-21-2014, 12:16 PM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by TomGuycott - 05-21-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by TomGuycott - 05-22-2014, 11:42 AM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by Iocus - 05-22-2014, 09:15 PM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by TomGuycott - 05-23-2014, 05:30 PM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition [Program] (Updated 7-1ish) - by TheShyGuy - 07-06-2014, 01:15 PM