Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The All-Around Sprite Preview Thread
The site is back up after a long wait. What better way to celebrate than with more sprite submission by your neighborhood newbie!

I've decided to take a break from ripping Magical Drop sprites to focus on another puzzle game you may or may not have remembered from the ye ol' nightmare that was Nintendo's poor decision to localize one of its GameBoy ports (though that could also be blamed on the fact that it was the first game released before the one I'm currently submitting).

[Image: 15xwgg8.png]

To those who do remember the old chisel out a picture with Mario game, this is actually the second of the three games (That I'm aware of), hence why I'm uploading those sprites first (That, and Mario's Picross didn't have a whole lot that didn't carry over into it's GameBoy sequel).

[Image: 25aj5nl.png] [Image: 3343sbr.png]

The speech bubble in Mario and Wario's background can't be removed by conventional means. Viewing it on vSNES only takes away the gradient sky, so it may have been fixed onto the rest of the background sprites (though this shouldn't stop you from editing it out by hand).

[Image: fy31pf.png] [Image: 30mwnqw.png]

This was no accident in ripping. These are how the backgrounds came out when viewed with vSNES. They probably expected to show more than what could fit on 90's TV screens.

[Image: nod5x5.png] [Image: 2hq3vx1.png] [Image: 20b1j0z.png]

This may or may not lead into spoiler territory, given a puzzle needs to be solved through trial end error (though in the case of Wario's puzzles, frustration is the last thing one would want to experience). But since Mario no Super Picross (And the Picross NP series) animate some of their puzzles after completion, I figured it wouldn't hurt to rip and submit them along with the other sprites in the game.
Currently working on:

Mega Man Zero 2-4
Bosses

Picross Nintendo Power Vol. 1-8
Animated Picross

Ranma 1/2: Chounai Gekitou Hen
Misc Stuff
Backgrounds
Characters

Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle
Cutscenes
Misc Stuff