Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
The All-Around Sprite Preview Thread
Since I'm in the midst of ripping sprites from various consoles, and may get into the habit of looking for other games to rip once I'm finished with some of the available Magical Drop sprites, I figured it was best if I just make an all-around thread both to get feed back and corrections on what I've ripped so far before uploading them to the site.

First up, the Arcade version of the first Magical Drop

[Image: 23th75k.png]

Both Magical Drop, Chain Reaction and +1 are the same aside from some minor differences. Magical Drop lacks a start up, dropping players into the next battle after choosing their character and clearing a match and the game mode is nothing more than a page in a book, written in Japanese. Chain Reaction replaces the drops with individual pieces for each character (as shown in their sprite sheets), the game modes are in English presented in the title's background, each battle begins with a start-up animation, and every character's voice is replaced with the familiar young male actor that is in every American version of the old Magical Drop series. +1 appears to be a combination of both, adding themes from Chain Reaction, but still keeping the drops and character's individual voices.

[Image: 2h6x9hi.png] [Image: 211tlrp.png] [Image: 2ir3mf9.png] [Image: 2z59fes.png%5D] [Image: 1j6tkx.png] [Image: 21kvv9z.png] [Image: 2yoblfs.png]

I haven't known any possible way to play as World. I'm sure there's a cheat to access her, but I haven't found any sites that explained more than the mechanic and characters in the game, and I have little to no knowledge in hacking ROMs just to get the sprites I need.

Next up. the SNES port

[Image: 28qx1tu.png]

Unlike the arcade version, the SNES version is far less animated, only having idle, panic and winning poses. Instead, the characters, themselves, take the Pierrot's place in catching and moving drops around the play field. Also, much like the arcade rips, I haven't found a cheat that allows me to play as World (And I'm aware that there's a thread that points this out, but I still haven't found those cheats, nor am I going to attempt hacking the game to make her playable).

[Image: 250kzf4.png] [Image: 2cz80gi.png] [Image: 2rzc1w9.png] [Image: 2ed1rf5.png] [Image: 2z5k86s.png] [Image: 9zrthk.png]

World is still a work in progress due to what I've already stated earlier, so I figure I leave her sprite sheet out until I find a cheat that would let me play as her, or find a more reliable graphics viewer that doesn't require a savestate, or won't reject the ROM upon loading (Before anyone asks, I did use vSNES, but so far I've only figured out how to get rid of certain sprites that zSNES couldn't disable during play).
Currently working on:

Mega Man Zero 2-4
Bosses

Picross Nintendo Power Vol. 1-8
Animated Picross

Ranma 1/2: Chounai Gekitou Hen
Misc Stuff
Backgrounds
Characters

Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle
Cutscenes
Misc Stuff