Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Unnamed "Ghost Hunt" game Idea
Pretty much everything you've brought up are valid points.

The scientists can shoot what ever they want, but it only affects the usage of the object in relation to ghosts if ghosts are currently occupying the object. Every item has its own durability, when it runs out any ghost inside it is expelled; the ghost loses no energy. Also, although it costs energy to enter, leave, or activate and object's unique ability, it costs nothing for a ghost to move the object. If you feel confident that you can outrun and outsmart everyone inside a flowerpot for the whole match, then do that.

As for the "Sit and wait" thing, yeah I can see how that would get aggravating and potentially boring, and i suppose that some may only really use that simple strategy, but remember that ghosts have control of just about everything in the house. Although you can't "Kill" a scientist, they can be damaged or knocked down or electrocuted or any other number of things. The "hiding" part shouldn't be looked at as a passive activity; A clever player should be "lying in wait," and use opportunities to catch opponents unaware and cause a little mischief.

The only reason that I suggested that ghosts have limited energy is so that they don't just have free roam. I feel like giving ghosts rechargeable energy puts a strain on the other team; can you imagine how annoying it would be to nearly capture the same guy several times in the same match, only for him to get away and recharge over and over again without consequence? The scientists are allowed to recharge their supplies, but recharging comes at a cost and risk. Recharging the gun means that you must backtrack all the way out of the house, losing any chance of chasing down any ghosts, and then having to wait for the recharge to be complete. The flashlight needs batteries fairly often, and they are plentiful, but there is the likely risk that a ghost lies in wait just hoping you'd pick them up for a nasty surprise.

Thinking of it, I suppose the ghosts could steal energy from batteries, leaving duds laying around. To make sure they aren't just running around sucking the life out of all the batteries, it would be reasonable that a ghost couldn't do this if they have over 25% health, and it would restore 30% of the ghost's health.

All this said, I really appreciate the feedback. Whenever I can, I'll try having something to actually look at, but I have more pressing matters at hand at the moment.
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Unnamed "Ghost Hunt" game Idea - by Sevenstitch - 08-10-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: Unnamed "Ghost Hunt" game Idea - by Candel - 08-12-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Unnamed "Ghost Hunt" game Idea - by Kriven - 08-13-2013, 04:06 AM
RE: Unnamed "Ghost Hunt" game Idea - by Zadaben - 08-15-2013, 11:41 PM
RE: Unnamed "Ghost Hunt" game Idea - by Sevenstitch - 08-17-2013, 10:44 PM