Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Can someone make a BLB file extractor?
I recently started playing a game called The Neverhood, and I figured I might like to try and rip sprites from it sometime. Thing is, all of its resources are in BLB files, and although I found one or two tools that managed to actually do something with the files, the most they could really do was get sound files.

Usually I wouldn't ask for someone to make this since a big chunk would be finding out how the format's put together, but I found some documentation on the file type. From my knowledge this information is enough to be able to extract/decompress files, although I don't know a language that can do so.

So yeah, would someone be willing to do this? I'd only need it to decompress the image files, although if audio and other files wouldn't be too much work then that would obviously be a bonus.
In any case I'd be extremely grateful if someone could do this, just a command-line program would be more than enough.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
Can someone make a BLB file extractor? - by puggsoy - 02-13-2013, 10:33 AM