Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites
Hello everybody.

Thanks to the TSR I've got the majority of Rival turf sprites so I figured I'd give back to the community with rips of my own. I'm in the process of collecting every single sprite for my remake Rushing Beat project using the openBoR engine. Unfortunately I didn't find out about this community until the beginning of this year, and now their headquarters lavalit.com got shut down recently.

Luckily there is enough resourceful people involved so their new home is Chrono Crash but just like any move in real life its annoying and things get lost in the process. For me it was the e-mail addresses I collected from coders who were also passionate about this game. So if your a programmer/coder who is familiar with the OpenBoR engine and wants to hook up with an artist and trade skills for each other's projects? Send me a PM.

In the process of collecting and editing as well as creating sprites for this game. I have the remaining bosses that are not available on this site. I've ripped and cleaned up (big Al) and (Slasher) and (Ice Man)(Captain).

Boxer

[Image: Rj0kn.png][Image: V7lsb.png][Image: 0tBLr.png][Image: iP1x5.png]
[Image: Yx3Ex.png][Image: DUlLF.png][Image: Brfng.png][Image: ARQ3a.png]
Not until this instant have I noticed I forgot to rotate Slasher for his slamming animations.

I also have the alter egos of the existing goon enemy sprites that are already on this site. I'm not exactly sure how to approach this, I want to respect the original rip artist's hard work but I don't want to assume their identity with edited versions. All I did was cut and paste the alternate heads and change the palette configuration. Maxim and ShadeDBZ showed me how to present the layout and I want to give credit where credit is due, should I include both names and presented as a collaborative?

[Image: 1mIvh.png][Image: JcImP.png][Image: hATNh.png][Image: fWZzo.png][Image: bOoAg.png]

you can see some are in different stages of completion mainly Reggie,while Gignate was edited for my own preference so I'll probably let someone else pull his original. I wish I could do this full time, it's so easy to get lost in pixel art.

In my remake I'm going to bring back the nut shot that was edited out in the US version. So I drew new sprites for particular enemies that were douche bags to begin with.

[Image: tOJ2O.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites - by GlassJawBoxer - 12-19-2012, 07:50 PM
RE: Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites - by Ton - 12-20-2012, 03:55 PM
RE: Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites - by Ton - 12-20-2012, 11:06 PM
RE: Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites - by Ton - 12-23-2012, 12:30 PM