Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Duper Mario! (A Really Super Mario Adventure!)
Cheap publicity? That seems to be a bit of an unfair jib at the game, I think. I didn't make it a Mario game so it would cater to a particular audience; I made it a Mario game because that's what I wanted it to be, at the core of it, regardless of the connotations of typical Mario fangames. To be frank, I rarely even pay attention to the fangame scene -- the game has gone through a lot of private production and beta testing with a very limited number of friends, so even if the theme was just an easy way to sell the game it still has little to no connection to the perceptions of fangames outside of this window.

Still, I understand what you are saying about the game having reduced selling power due to it being potentially perceived as "just another Mario game." But can the game not be both successful and a Mario fangame ?

EDIT: And if you must know, I am working on at least one other game project that isn't this. So I guess there's potential for perceived coolness and originality ????? Big Grin
[Image: cooltinysdm.png]
Thanked by: Phaze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Duper Mario! (A Really Super Mario Adventure!) - by greatspaceadventure - 10-04-2012, 08:46 AM