Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bowser's Inside Story Overworld Ripping
So I started trying to fill in the playable character gaps from BiS, using DeSmuME 0.9.8. I'm starting with Bowser Overworld but the problem is that disabling layers on the top screen pretty much sucks. The only layer (not including GPU) that actually does something when I disable it is Main BG 0, upon which everything disappears. This makes overworld sprites pretty much unrippable, it also happens when Mario and Luigi go outside Bowser. The bottom screen is fine.
However, when I go to the Star Menu, the top screen (which is strangely accessed by the Sub layers now) can be disabled, along with the bottom screen (accessed by Main layers).

Anybody know of a workaround or alternative way to rip the sprites? It looks like Wiiboy4ever managed to rip Mario's overworld sprites from the top screen (the diagonal and vertical walk frames confirm this) so it should be possible.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Bowser's Inside Story Overworld Ripping - by puggsoy - 09-14-2012, 07:36 AM