Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
TSR COMPO Vol.3: "In the name of goodNES"
(08-22-2012, 09:26 PM)Sketchasaurus Wrote: The aim of this challenge is to create a custom sprite (or sprites) that fit within the graphical limitations of the NES.
The color restrictions are both the NES palette and the colors-per-screen limitations.
[Image: NES_palette.png]
The maximum size will be the dimensions of the NES screen resolution: 256x240

Ends Wednesday, Aug. 29th
It's within the maximum size, and it follows the palette limitations, since black is the transparency color, and I'm pretty sure I'm under 50 colors.

As far as the more advanced limitations go, I don't exactly follow those, but I could basically just bypass those by posting these as separate sprites, since then the colors per line type stuff would no longer matter. I'm pretty sure the only thing that would outright break the limitations on its own is the dragon.

To be frank, I think you've taken the challenge to be a lot more than it actually is, due to the part that says: "The aim of this challenge is to create a custom sprite (or sprites) that fit within the graphical limitations of the NES." Based on the fact that Sketchasaurus hasn't had issue with it the entire topic, I think he only had the palette limitations in mind, and not the more advanced stuff. If he did though, yeah, that's our bad.

Feel free to kick our asses at spriting and make EXACT NES LIMITATIONS the subject of the next contest, but right now it just seems like you're getting kinda annoyed over a contest that you aren't even running or participating in.

Edit: Forgot to mention- if Sketch did mean the exact limitations, I might redo it if I have the time. Which I doubt I will. ...Actually, when is this thing ending again?

Messages In This Thread
RE: TSR COMPO Vol.3: "In the name of goodNES" - by Keiang - 09-03-2012, 11:59 PM