Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Binary Domain a "Dramatic Action Game" From Sega
(02-03-2012, 01:26 AM)MRSKELETON Wrote: saying something out of place (inappropriate) in a combat situation,
My example was just saying "Yes!"
He just yells it.
He could just say it,
there's no fight.
Fay asks him a question calmly.
But Dan just yells.

That's really out of place for something with a serious tone in the game.

(02-03-2012, 01:26 AM)MRSKELETON Wrote: as for slipping on your button press, that's your fault, hardly the games. it could be a fault on the control scheme (which we know nothing about) but i seriously doubt
it
That's what I mean. It's going for action; if the action gets you, you'll probably slip unless you've burnt serious hours into the game like an MMO player does in their MMO - controls burnt into your memory with a brand.

(02-03-2012, 01:26 AM)MRSKELETON Wrote: i don't think you "get" binary domain, because it's a game where your squad is made up of people that are "that" soldier that can choose who to kill or how to execute a plan, and you have to deal with the ramifications of how you, and your squad, behave.

No, I do get it.
What I don't get it is why a trained soldier wouldn't do their job.
Again,
a sniper can't just say no to doing their job.
Like, they weren't even asked to kill the other sniper.
It's implied in the job.

And even then, this is the same game that's in every army/squad except glorified with a morality system.

At least in things like Rainbow Six, you can have buddies in real life are actually influenced by how they want to work in a team with you or their desire to succeed.
AI isn't that necessary to make this system perfect.

Real cause and effect.

(02-03-2012, 01:26 AM)MRSKELETON Wrote: this is something that i think the modern game market can really benefit from; a title that's willing to make the character deal with the ramifications of the way they act, not just in the story like dozens of lazily made RPG's focused on "alignment" systems but having to Really Actually deal with it in a gameplay situation.
There's no real new looking ways of playing the game, though.
It doesn't even look like the Squad is necessary to begin with.

Like Left 4 Dead special infected require another person to help you escape most of them (no boomer/spitter).

And even then, real people can be the actual influence in that case.

All Binary Domain has is flashy, but empty, AI.

I'm sure it'd be fun, too.

Squad game are always fun.

I just really don't see the morality system being that great in anything other than story.

The whole "tactics" and "team" part doesn't.

Relationship or not, a soldier has a job. It'd be more forgiving it was mercs instead.
The serious overtone isn't working if they act like spoiled children who want their own way, instead of what's best.

[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Binary Domain a "Dramatic Action Game" From Sega - by Proton - 02-03-2012, 11:00 AM