Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fixing Flat Model Rips? Is there an easy way?
Hey guys long time no see eh?

So... I really wanted a model of Garnet from FFIX but I couldn't find any sort of converter or even a viewer for the models of FFIX anywhere. So I gave up and decided to scratch model her but there were imperfections I wasn't happy with at all. So I was working on improving my scratch model when I had an idea.

This idea led me to successfully ripping Garnet's model!

[Image: 282xad.png]

Problem is the model is flat entirely. And because of stupid backface culling I had to do two rips to get her back side.

So I'm currently slowly moving each individual vertex to a more proper place to recreate the lost Z-axis depth. But as you may have guessed this is an extremely slow and long process. Though eventually I'll get there.

So my question is, Does anyone know any method of fixing flat models even if it's not perfect that can save me at least a little time? I know there is that 3dsmax thing that if you get two rips from different angles it puts them together. Problem is that to do this they have to be in the same exact animation frame, and that's quite impossible with how I'm ripping them, so this method is useless to me.

Thanks for any help you can provide at all!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Fixing Flat Model Rips? Is there an easy way? - by Zerox - 03-10-2011, 03:01 AM