Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Does anybody have a PSP with custom firmware?
RandomTalkingBush Wrote:You'll need a PSP (WITH custom firmware), the ISO/CSO of the game you want to rip from (in this case, Metal Slug Anthology), and CWCheat.

Enable the CWCheat plugin and go into the game, to some point in the game where the graphics are (since the graphics need to be in the memory). Hold Select for a few seconds to open up the CWCheat menu, enable the "dump" function, then hold Square for a few seconds, until it says "Dumping...". After the message disappears, just go back to the PSP's menu and connect it to your PC. Take the MEMDUMP*.dmp from the root of your memory stick and put it somewhere on your computer, and open it up in Tile Molester (though you'll need to add a few things into the tmspec.xml to get the palettes to show up properly), GGD, or TiledGGD (recommended, since it supports alpha channels in palettes).

This method is the only way to rip Metal Slug 6 sprites. I'm all set except for the fact that I don't have a PSP with custom firmware.

If anybody does, could they provide me a dump from the part where you ride the Rootmars Slug?
(I'd prefer dumps from all of the major areas but just that one will do for now)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Does anybody have a PSP with custom firmware? - by RandomPerson78642 - 01-06-2011, 10:25 PM