Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[DRAWING] Some character design stuff (image heavy)
For the last month or so, yeah, I've been trying to draw at least one thing every day. It can be kind of a chore sometimes but other days I'll just get a burst of creativity and draw a whole lot in one go.

Really the best way to improve is practice. Lots. And, as boring as it is, draw from life and try to get a good idea of how bodies work. I'm not really sure where to say to start. I might put together a resource and tutorial thread here, I made one on Pixeltendo. Also try and pick up a couple of How to Draw books. Don't follow them to the letter, but a lot of them have some good tips on how to structure the body and what to keep in mind when coming up with poses, etc. Mostly though, I'm afraid it's just practice and drawing from life.
Taking up art classes is always advisable too.
I've really only been drawing seriously since I was 14 or 15 (so that's about 4 or 5 years), maybe even later, since most of what I did back then was just samey-looking doodles.

Incidentally the snake isn't on her hair, it's part of it. Like medusa, but with just one snake as a ponytail rather than a mass of 'em.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAWING] Some character design stuff (image heavy) - by Chutzpar - 02-16-2009, 06:00 PM