Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[DRAWING] Some character design stuff (image heavy)
DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN.

I'm planning on collaborating with TAK / PatientZero to put a game together. It won't be for some time but I'm coming up with basic ideas and fleshing them out currently.

Thought I'd post up the character design ideas I've been working on.

These are the earliest drawings. They're looking really stiff pose-wise, but that's something I've been practicing with blah blah blah you don't really need to know that.

This is the player character. Based on a little headshot doodle + a sprite I whipped up a while back and never did anything with.
[Image: dd20090126-lo.jpg]
FIRST EVER YAY. That wrench is ridiculous.
[Image: dd20090127-lo.jpg]
Made the wrench smaller and tweaked the design some. I was having a lot of trouble visualising how she'd actually use the huge wrench as a weapon, hence the downsize. I think it looks better anyway.
[Image: dd20090129-lo.jpg]
Messing with the overalls, fucked up the legs, blarg.

These are all from the last week or so:
[Image: feb11.jpg]
Basic idea for one of the bosses. She's some kind of gorgon sorceress goth ... thing. Yeah.
I decided to do away with the poofy lolita skirt because they're ugly and don't flow with a pose at all.
[Image: feb16-1.jpg]
It is a closely guarded fact that all goths like europop. Seriously.
Drawing that profile snout whatever made me decide to put noses onto these character designs. Simple style be damned.
[Image: feb16-2-1.jpg]
(this is a bit fuzzy from resizing. Woops)
REDUX. I'm starting to get better with posing I think. Added the stripes on the snake + tights to give them some more weight. Not sure if I'll keep it or not.
edit
It doesn't read so well without colour, but she's wearing a corset + skirt. Looking at it now it looks like she's just wearing some kinda bra and is missing a bellybutton. Ew.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
[DRAWING] Some character design stuff (image heavy) - by Chutzpar - 02-16-2009, 05:35 PM