Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Which sprites should I show off?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mario
100.00%
2 100.00%
Sonic the Hedgehog
0%
0 0%
Mario powerups
0%
0 0%
Something else
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Superspongebobbros's big stash of sprites
Update 6/15/2021:

Wow, its been quite a while since I posted, hasn't it? 

Anyway, I just wanted to take the time to talk a bit about the stuff I have been working on throughout the past few months.

First off, Weeaboo Man. In my last update, I said that I was postponing regular updates because I found it hard to stick to the weekly schedule while also contributing to my school work. Well, I am proud to announce that I have graduated from school, and I will now have a lot more free time for the foreseeable future.

With that said, I haven't made much progress on Weeaboo Man's sprite set. I have finished the third key frame (left) and began making the fourth (center) before I made the decision to further refine Weeaboo Man's sprite set (right). I'm not sure when I will post another update about Weeaboo Man, but I'll most likely wait until his idle animation is complete.

With that sprite out of the way, lets move on to some of the other sprites I have made.

(NOTE: These first sprites have been removed. Please check this post for more details.)

Next up is a set of sprites that I did back in late April. Do you remember 7 Grand Dad, that bootleg ROM-hack of a Flintstones game on NES that replaces Fred Flintstone's head with Mario? Well, I took the liberty of refining Mario Grand Dad's sprite set. I'm not gonna show off all of them, but I am gonna show a few of them so you can get an idea of what I did, along with the original sprites for comparison. 

(Original sprites are in red boxes; Redone sprites in green)

I managed to touch up all of the sprites of Grand Dad that appear in the game, even the ones that don't appear in the sprite sheet that's on TSR (the sheet is missing the last frame of Grand Dad's walk cycle, the sprite of Grand Dad jumping while charging an attack, and the vehicles that Grand Dad uses in the levels). There are also two smear frames, one for attacking and the other for charging, that I created. The first one is based on the sprites of Fred attacking from the 16-bit Taito Flintstones games, while the last one is completely custom.

(NOTE: There was another sprite here, but I decided to remove it. Please check this post for more details.)

Last up is a sprite that is still in the works, but kinda bookends this entire update: a completely new Mario sprite!

Yes, I am revisiting the very first sprite set I ever presented in this forum. Currently, the sprite is still a work-in-progress. My main goal so far is to make Mario's proportions match his official renders, which I feel that I have managed to do. Additionally, the longer limbs (well, just his legs so far, but you get the idea) and body allow for Mario to take up a more natural shape, which I feel helps the sprite look better. 

So, these are just some of the projects you can look forward to. Stay tuned for more updates.
Did you know that I am showcasing my custom-made sprites? Check it out!
Thanked by: DogToon64

Messages In This Thread
RE: Superspongebobbros's big stash of sprites - by superspongebobbros - 06-15-2021, 03:58 PM
Major Update - by superspongebobbros - 07-06-2023, 08:36 PM