[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Issue with .JTEX images
Hello, so I did some searching and found two threads about .JTEX image files, and in both of them, a kind person named Ploaj provided tools to view and convert the images.

I've used those tools on a couple other games, and had an issue with some files. I'll show an example from Pokémon Picross.

Some images look just fine, like this sprite sheet:
[Image: Upper_Info_Common.png]

While others are garbled, like this background image:
[Image: TitleL_Bg.png]

And when garbled images have transparency, the colours get messed up, like the edges of this font:
[Image: ShopFont.png]

I've looked through a whole bunch of them, and it seems like the images that get messed up are the ones with a height and/or width not equal to a power of 2.

Unfortunately, I'm way too newb to understand the JTEX file format, let alone write any tools for converting them. But if someone with more knowledge could take a look at the issue, I'd appreciate that! Will post some sample files if needed. Wink
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Issue with .JTEX images - by HelpTheWretched - 05-16-2018, 11:23 PM
RE: Issue with .JTEX images - by Raccoon Sam - 05-17-2018, 01:30 AM
RE: Issue with .JTEX images - by HelpTheWretched - 05-19-2018, 06:10 PM
RE: Issue with .JTEX images - by Raccoon Sam - 05-21-2018, 01:05 AM
RE: Issue with .JTEX images - by HelpTheWretched - 05-21-2018, 07:11 PM
RE: Issue with .JTEX images - by Raccoon Sam - 05-22-2018, 01:23 AM