Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Converting .JTEX (.JIMG) & .JARC (.JCMP) from 3DS Game?
Question 
I'm desirous to translate the mode select icon text for my own use to play the 3DS game One Piece Grand Battle X. But I'm having trouble opening the files to even view them let alone edit them. If anyone can find how to edit/export these then sprites/textures from these games could also be shared here.

A lot of the files from the game are packed in .JARC container files that can be unpacked with this QuickBMS script: http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms/others/jarc.bms

But some of the files are labeled .jarc and can't be extracted because it seems they actually are a .JCMP (perhaps a compressed .JARC?)

I'm pretty sure that there might be menu images inside some of those, but I've been able to find other .JTEX files that actually seem to be .JIMG when looking in a hex editor. I tried using a .jtex converter by Ploaj but it doesn't work with them at all.

I'd appreciate anyone who felt like taking a look at these example files for me.

I'd be happy to find any way to open these files, I'd be okay with a Noesis plugin too if that's easier.
Thanked by:
Here you go.
Only supports 2 pixel types for the JIMG because the sample files you gave only has those two.

jTexTool

As for those JCMP files, drag them onto the window in jTexTool and it will decompress them for you.
If you find any JTex files that don't work, upload them.

Edit:
Node: You must open the .jtex you're editing before you create the new jtex files because there's some header stuff I didn't bother to figure out and it will be copied.
Thanked by: Zerox
(09-04-2016, 09:31 AM)Ploaj Wrote: Here you go.
Only supports 2 pixel types for the JIMG because the sample files you gave only has those two.

jTexTool

Thank you so much! I can't believe you posted this 2 weeks ago! I checked this thread pretty actively the first day or two and then thought it would take a long time to perhaps get any response from anyone. Turns out I was wrong thankfully. Sorry for not checking back sooner! I promise that your efforts on this won't go unappreciated. I've spent some time looking through some files and have definitely found some stuff I could translate. Interestingly enough I haven't found the title screen menu options yet but it's just a matter of locating them.

Now the only possible thing that might be an issue adding the modded files into a .jarc for the game to use again, but perhaps that too will be solved by someone in time. I'm asking around at multiple sites for help. So thank you very much!

Edit: I just couldn't sleep without finding that text! Found it!! I can now translate the images for the mode selections. Now I just need to test and see if they game can run without having the file inside the .jarc (oddly the folder structure inside the .jarc matches the folder structure of the rest of the folders from the game files not inside the .jarc) or if that doesn't work I'll just need to find a way to recompile the .jarc and then this will be as good as done.

Thanks again!

Also thanks for the decompression of the .jcmp (.jarc compressed) I didn't realize it was indeed the same file type mostly. It's made getting to files much easier!

Edit 2: So it turns out that you can actually reimport files into a .jarc with that same quickbms script if you make a shorcut and add the proper commands to it. I found that out here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/dragon-ball-...st-6613370

So now I believe I have everything I need to translate this games menus! Your tool really was the huge step forward to a formerly untranslatable game.
Thanks so much for this!
Thanked by: