Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
[Image: HISSSSSS.png]
it beGINSSSSSsssss

In other news:
Lava Reef's Boss arena background is also ready to be dissected, both heat haze frames and static.

Oil Ocean's sheet is getting a change up for the sun's heat haze animation. I'll work out how to add in the clouds for the parallax once those frames are complete.

The Emeralds sheet, as I've worked out from paying attention to the Angel Island glow animation and the final stage for Knuckles, is actually quite a way off from complete, to the point where I'm actively considering breaking it up into three sheets, one for each name of Emerald. That being said, I'd rather the sheet as it currently exists remains on the site while I try and work out the remaining palettes - I can assure you of this, it is not an easy feat, as several repeat or replace what came before.
----> Other sheets, such as Knuckles, will have likewise palettes added to their respective sheets for additional clarity.

Reworking other sheets I submitted in the summer. To demonstrate, I overlooked spacing blocks and for whatever reason, a part of the Sonic 2 emblem/level icon viewer is missing a few pixels of blue. I've fixed those already, but I'm going to reorganise the content to highlight the S3K stuff and the leftover S2 stuff.

And finally, a new question!

After reading this post on Sonic 3 Unlocked, I've started considering how to tackle the 2.5D water in Hydrocity and Launch Base. But, would you rather a full, pixel-by-pixel change based y-axis position for the sheets, or attempt at getting the specific appearances of the water's surface as shown in the blog post? Either option will take a while to employ, but so long as it's for the project, ain't no mountain high enough, even if it's as vile as Carnival Night.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Superjustinbros, Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 03-21-2018, 02:08 PM