Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Blender Add-On for optimal import of my Mario Kart 8 rips
(05-21-2016, 08:34 AM)Ray Koopa Wrote: That looks darn amazing. I have no clue how to program nodes yet. TBH I still don't know how you set that up, as I never worked with nodes except for some dumb depth blur. From script view, I just see an MTL file, and my ALB/SPM and NRM slots set up in one material. But what then?
One material is made out of mixing several materials... It's difficult to explain, so isn't it clear what the nodes do by looking at them?
Nevertheless I'll try explaining you what I've done: (the mtl file as an example)
in the bottom left... window you see the node editor.
There are nodes called material.
The upper left material node contains the information of the m_ThunderMetal material which is just the shadeless .alb texture.
You multiply the color of the diffuse texture with [ten times (cuz' otherwise it's very dark)] the color of the mtl texture (the bottom left material).
The mtl textures' coordinates are the normal vectors of the mesh (you can see that in the texture tab in the properties panel)
Now you have already a faked reflection but you also need a highlight (specular) so you add the color of the m_ThunderMetal.spc material.
I hope you could understand it  Big Grin
Thanked by: Ray Koopa

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blender Addon for optimal import of my Mario Kart 8 rips - by Lumcoin - 05-21-2016, 10:30 AM