The VG Resource

Full Version: Blender Add-On for optimal import of my Mario Kart 8 rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This add-on optimizes all my Mario Kart 8 model rips to be perfectly displayed in Blender.
@Ray Koopa Can you upload some _Add, *_Alp, *_Trm and *_Mtl textures please, I want to know what is the texture map type for upgrading your very good script Big Grin . Thanks !
They are all included with the download, just not used by the script. Not every texture has it.
Are the textures named with "bake" (bake_CHARACTERNAME_g00_b00_f00, for example) in the characters' textures the emmisive textures? Aren't they Ambient Oclussion maps?
Yes, but their map isn't included in my model rips.
(11-15-2015, 01:33 PM)Ray Koopa Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but their map isn't included in my model rips.

OK Smile Do you know know how to manually apply these maps to the model in Blender or 3DS Max?
(11-15-2015, 03:01 PM)TM67 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2015, 01:33 PM)Ray Koopa Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but their map isn't included in my model rips.

OK Smile Do you know know how to manually apply these maps to the model in Blender or 3DS Max?

See this : http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Ambient_occlusion_map
(11-21-2015, 06:26 AM)iyenal Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2015, 03:01 PM)TM67 Wrote: [ -> ]

See this : http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Ambient_occlusion_map

Thanks, it's really helpful Smile But what I actually want is how to apply those ambient occlusion maps from the characters' files into to the models in 3DS Max Tongue
will the script work if one was to rip the mii costumes from mario kart 8?
No, it does not rip data, just optimizes my existing rips.
Your script work with default Blender Render or Cycles ?
I don't know about the other files, but I think MTL files are lists. If you have Notepad++ installed on your PC, try opening one with it.

Edit: Here, I'll show you what one looks like in Notepad++ if you think it will help. If you have other MTL files, try taking a look at them in Notepad++ if you think it might help you understand them better.

[attachment=6335]
Yes MTL files are lists, DAE also (ASCII, not binary as in FBX) where textures coordinates (UV) and textures files directories are stored.
But MTL can't store normal and specular maps.
It don't work with Blender 2.77, the console tell me Optimizing "texture" but after no textures is imported, including diffuse.
Did it throw an error? If so, can you give me the Python exception?
Otherwise, the OBJ / DAE file just has to lie in the same folder as the textures. You also need write access to that folder as I dumbly have to save a new blend file to make paths relative.
(My god, this was one of my first scripts. Maybe I should write it a little better next time).
Pages: 1 2