Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Castlevania Mirror Of Fate Models
I have some problems on my attempt to extract Castlevania mirror of fate files. I will explain it with as much details as I can.

First of all, I've followed every step from GBATEMP forum about extracting files from Nintendo 3DS roms, and I've downloaded everything they linked on their post to do so.
First of all, I extracted the ROMFS from Castlevania mirror of fate rom.
Weirdly the file came with almost 30% reduced disk space, (1.4 GB of 2.0GB from original 3DS rom) I dunno if it was
the cause of the error, but sounds too suspicious.

Second, I proceeded to use 3DSExplorer just like on GBATEMP said I must do to decrypt the ROMFS by generating a XOR pad, but at first my computer freezes for some minutes, and once it regains functionality an error message pops up saying.

"Error: CRC Error or Corrupt Save file"

I decided to do that on my own way, so I decided to make the XORpad by draging the ROMFS to XOR.EXE (Included with everything I've downloaded so far to try my first ever model extracting on 3DS) and the XORpad was finally generated luckily with the same file size, like it should be as explained on GBATEMP (of course if we keep in mind that the original encrypted ROMFS is 600MB lower in disk space than the original 3DS rom, so the same happens with the XORpad)

Then. I decided to make the final step to get the files, and downloaded the last file I forgot to download until then, the Ctrtool.
I used this command line to extract the XORpad.

"ctrtool.exe -t romfs --romfsdir=Castlevania DecriptedRomFS.bin"

but the second error happened.

"Error: Could not open imput file!"

after those two epic fail attempts. I decided to quit from doing this... I dunno what the heck should I do, nor the files I have to use, and considering that some ppl said about a 7.x key thingy that is yet unreleased and was capital to get the models from games like Super Smash Bros 4. 
and I cannot simply get models from a game that came a few years ago?. Then what can I do?  Cry

My projects involves a few games from nintendo 3DS, and even I could give a shot to others as well, and I've lost all my hopes on getting those models. 

somebody help me please.  Cry
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Castlevania Mirror Of Fate Models - by mr.walter - 10-19-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: Castlevania Mirror Of Fate Models - by eureka - 10-21-2014, 08:53 PM
RE: Castlevania Mirror Of Fate Models - by Mystie - 10-22-2014, 02:52 PM
RE: Castlevania Mirror Of Fate Models - by TGE - 10-23-2014, 09:12 AM
RE: Castlevania Mirror Of Fate Models - by TGE - 10-25-2014, 07:50 AM
RE: Castlevania Mirror Of Fate Models - by Farlavor - 11-03-2014, 08:03 AM
RE: Castlevania Mirror Of Fate Models - by TGE - 11-03-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: Castlevania Mirror Of Fate Models - by TGE - 11-06-2014, 01:57 PM
RE: Castlevania Mirror Of Fate Models - by TGE - 11-08-2014, 03:05 PM