The VG Resource

Full Version: Castlevania Mirror Of Fate Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seems people have discovered a way of ripping things from the 3ds is possible now that we can the rip the models from the game?
Will would it be possible
So is it even possible?
Calm down.
(10-21-2014, 08:53 PM)nateismyname Wrote: [ -> ]Calm down.

Sorry something I just want know ive been trying too get my grubby hands on
None of us have looked into it yet (keep in mind that 3DS ripping is still quite new), but no model format is impossible to figure out.
(10-22-2014, 02:52 PM)Mystie Wrote: [ -> ]None of us have looked into it yet (keep in mind that 3DS ripping is still quite new), but no model format is impossible to figure out.

Totally agree with that, and I'm glad that somebody is going to try on other 3ds game roms as well, but I think we need to wait some more before even trying that, and btw the only one who seems to make progress with model ripping on 3ds roms is RTB, I decided to do about 3 projects with 3 Nintendo 3ds roms, but to be honest, I have no idea if I can even make it, or if I get help. It depends solely on the model formats, the compression or file structure. And all I can provide are only the raw files, becuz I don't know anything about hex editing, making scripts and stuff you do to decrypt files.

At least all I can do is save you the effort to try to find and download the roms, specially because normally, the old 3ds games are already deleted from hosts.  Cry

Btw, as I said before, the 3ds scene seems to be in hiatus, on Gbatemp you only read nonsense about flashcarts and dongles, citra 3ds emulator is in alpha version and still can't make 3ds roms to work. And all other 3ds emulators that claims to work perfectly on 100% of the videos of emulators beside citra are just fakes that tries to scam the desperated fools into survey pages.  Angry

In other words, I am agree with trying to rip models from castlevania, but I suggest to wait, and if you want us to do that, at least contribute by trying to get the raw models from the game and upload them on mega, Dropbox, mediafire or anything else. I will do that with the roms I have, and after that, wait until RTB finishes with Pokemon models, becuz we may need his help.
(10-22-2014, 03:40 PM)Farlavor Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2014, 02:52 PM)Mystie Wrote: [ -> ]None of us have looked into it yet (keep in mind that 3DS ripping is still quite new), but no model format is impossible to figure out.

Totally agree with that, and I'm glad that somebody is going to try on other 3ds game roms as well, but I think we need to wait some more before even trying that, and btw the only one who seems to make progress with model ripping on 3ds roms is RTB, I decided to do about 3 projects with 3 Nintendo 3ds roms, but to be honest, I have no idea if I can even make it, or if I get help. It depends solely on the model formats, the compression or file structure. And all I can provide are only the raw files, becuz I don't know anything about hex editing, making scripts and stuff you do to decrypt files.

At least all I can do is save you the effort to try to find and download the roms, specially because normally, the old 3ds games are already deleted from hosts.  Cry

Btw, as I said before, the 3ds scene seems to be in hiatus, on Gbatemp you only read nonsense about flashcarts and dongles, citra 3ds emulator is in alpha version and still can't make 3ds roms to work. And all other 3ds emulators that claims to work perfectly on 100% of the videos of emulators beside citra are just fakes that tries to scam the desperated fools into survey pages.  Angry

In other words, I am agree with trying to rip models from castlevania, but I suggest to wait, and if you want us to do that, at least contribute by trying to get the raw models from the game and upload them on mega, Dropbox, mediafire or anything else. I will do that with the roms I have, and after that, wait until RTB finishes with Pokemon models, becuz we may need his help.

True in xentax forums last year they were some disscosions about and then some progress and it just stopped
It'd help if you posted the model files.
Some model formats are really simple (no different vertex types, for example)
While others are really difficult ('chunk' formats, different data types eg different vertex sizes like Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS)
If at least I would make my computer working, then I would download the game rom and try to get the raw models by myself, accelerating the process and not forcing RTB to do it. But I dunno why, my computer freezes at startup, I'm using windows 7 professional 64 bit.

But if I get any chance for model ripping, I will give it a try, although I am a noob at scripting, hex editing and decrypting, the 3ds model ripping tutorial seems easy even for me, and I can get all the tools. The only thing that may be difficult is finding and downloading the roms. You already know the problem with hosts concerning copyright content.   Angry
(10-23-2014, 09:43 AM)Farlavor Wrote: [ -> ]If at least I would make my computer working, then I would download the game rom and try to get the raw models by myself, accelerating the process and not forcing RTB to do it. But I dunno why, my computer freezes at startup, I'm using windows 7 professional 64 bit.

But if I get any chance for model ripping, I will give it a try, although I am a noob at scripting, hex editing and decrypting, the 3ds model ripping tutorial seems easy even for me, and I can get all the tools. The only thing that may be difficult is finding and downloading the roms. You already know the problem with hosts concerning copyright content.   Angry
forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11083

forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11080

thats all the info I can find
(10-23-2014, 11:33 AM)mr.walter Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2014, 09:43 AM)Farlavor Wrote: [ -> ]If at least I would make my computer working, then I would download the game rom and try to get the raw models by myself, accelerating the process and not forcing RTB to do it. But I dunno why, my computer freezes at startup, I'm using windows 7 professional 64 bit.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/extracting-m...es.370788/
You might be better off waiting for a proper exporter with bones, uvs etc.
(10-25-2014, 07:50 AM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2014, 11:33 AM)mr.walter Wrote: [ -> ]

Of course, I didn't mention it, but they on Gbatemp are making a model exporter that might help us on future 3ds model ripping. But since certain 3ds games can hold different model formats, perhaps we may try some of them. I mean for some third parties that may not have BCH files like used on Pokemon x/y/sa/ro and SSB4.

Ps: I will get my computer on this Monday, I will try to rip the raw models from castlevania, but since I dunno scripting, somebody else must try to decrypt the models, the same goes for the models from the games I going to rip from. Anyway, I think that will be enough for a contribution, becuz host pages like Mega and Mediafire tends to delete 3ds roms and the ones I did download are from 2012 and before.  : 
(10-25-2014, 02:52 PM)Farlavor Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2014, 07:50 AM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2014, 11:33 AM)mr.walter Wrote: [ -> ]forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11083

Of course, I didn't mention it, but they on Gbatemp are making a model exporter that might help us on future 3ds model ripping. But since certain 3ds games can hold different model formats, perhaps we may try some of them. I mean for some third parties that may not have BCH files like used on Pokemon x/y/sa/ro and SSB4.

Ps: I will get my computer on this Monday, I will try to rip the raw models from castlevania, but since I dunno scripting, somebody else must try to decrypt the models, the same goes for the models from the games I going to rip from. Anyway, I think that will be enough for a contribution, becuz host pages like Mega and Mediafire tends to delete 3ds roms and the ones I did download are from 2012 and before.  : 

As long as we can work together and more models people can use in the end it will be worth it
ok. I have good news to you Mr.Walter.

after a little hard search, I did managed to find a good page to download 3DS roms, but not just any ordinary page that has links to hosts like MEGA, Mediafire, putlocker, etc.
but just a host where with some limitations, you may download ANY 3ds roms to start ripping models from them. (the limitation is that if you surpass the download Quota, you must wait 24 hours to next download)

indeed I managed to download Castlevania Mirror of fate.
of course here is when the hard part starts, extracting the models from it might be hard becuz I dunno if the format will be bin/bch, and someone must try to decrypt the models and make the script to import them.

of course, I need time, it will be my first model extracting from a 3DS rom ever. and I don't think it'll be easy like extracting from Wii isos and converting BRRES files. Tongue

once I get all the models/textures/animations possible, I will upload them on Dropbox.

PS: No need for any credits or anything, if there's a model that seems interesting for me, I'll download it. Smile

PS2: I would like to give you a link to the page where you can download 3DS roms. but I think it may be against the forum's rules, and I don't wanna see it ending like happened to Xentax, where you can only rip models from royalty free games from PC, (like saying, No 3DS rom content, no PSP isos content, no PS3 content, and NO COPYRIGHTED CONTENT)... so you have three choices.

1- PM me.
2- if I have allowance to post the link to the page where the 3DS roms hosts (As well as other console roms/isos), then I will put the link on my signature.
3- you may wait until I create topics where I will upload model content from some 3DS games I've chosen.
just remember, I can't decrypt/convert models or make the script to import them into 3DS max, Blender or Cinema 4D (The program I am using). so I will upload Raw model content, unmodified files obtained directly from the roms.
to prevent any issues when failing at decrypt/convert/import.
Pages: 1 2 3