Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Do you think low-poly game models will ever make a comeback?
Each of you has a point there. Despite the nostalgia factor, I think it would be unwise to use such models in this day and age.

From what I've seen Vipershark pointed out, it looks like the real deciding factor in models is the textures used. Even if a model looks horrendously blocky, it's the textures that either make or break it. In fact, I didn't like the CGI models used on the DS because most of them (such as Diddy Kong Racing DS, Super Mario 64 DS, and both Zelda games) had some pretty textures (I know it's the hardware, but I don't like how even some of the newer DS games had bad pixilation in the textures).

Call me a fanboy for mentioning this, but I have to say that the new HD textures used in the Xbox 360 ports of the first two Banjo-Kazooie games suited the games very well. Even though they could have went the extra mile to create new models from scratch, sometimes seeing models as they were (even if textures are altered for the better) just adds to the nostalgia factor when done correctly.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: SchAlternate

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think low-poly game models will ever make a comeback? - by E-Man - 11-21-2013, 04:58 PM