Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
ThomasSpeedrunner's Custom Sprite Gallery
Looks more like a level for a vector game than Sonic. Also, the lines holding up the rail look pillow shaded, like the old gems, and there's really no detail at all. If it's supposed to be a mine rail, you should give the support beams a wood or steel texture, and space them out a bit more; maybe add some diagonal struts so it has some real structural strength to it. Look up bridges on Google for good examples of how the struts should be laid out. As for the rail, is it supposed to look like a neon sign? I dunno, maybe in your game's world, they use hard light for everything, what do I know? Even then, it wouldn't be fun to look at for very long, and it'd make your eyes tired. Also, for the 45 degree parts of the loop, the rail seems to get thinner.

The level title is nice and simplistic, though I assume you're going for Sonic style, in which case you are missing some pieces. They usually have a zig-zag design on the side of the screen or sliding panels of color and whatnot. Though, to be honest, I find the new style refreshing; I think the bright solid blocks of color Sega used in Sonic were an eyesore.

Hope that helps.
Thanked by: E-Man

Messages In This Thread
RE: ThomasSpeedrunner's Custom Sprite Gallery - by Kelvin - 11-19-2013, 07:59 PM