Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Star's Stairway Back To Being A Decent Spriter AKA Scrap Topic
Hey, that's pretty neat. I have a few crits, however, but I'll mainly explain with a small edit if that's alright with you. Tongue

-Looks as if his stance is a little off- he might fall over with a pose like that. Remember, when you're making sprites, you have to think about balance and positioning before getting down'n'dirty with the pixel skills.

-You're also using basically straight color ramps. Try adding in some purple, blue, tan hues to break the monotony! Remember, coloring and detail can attract a viewers eyes, as can the design. You've almost got them both workin' for you here. Big Grin

-Banding comes into play a few places- not as much, but it's still a small problem. It's a hard technique to quit, because you think you're just aa-ing the sprite with a line, rather than a pixel.

This edit basically explains what I'm trying to say.
[Image: starpowerkl1.png]

You are doing quite the tremendous leap back into pixeling after what happened back at home. Your work is by no means bad- in fact, it's better than most here. I'm just trying to help you get back on the very top. ;D

-Dex
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Star's Stairway Back To Being A Decent Spriter AKA Scrap Topic - by Adam - 12-23-2008, 12:34 PM