Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Princess Peach - Unused portraits
No one said you were a thief or anything of that sort...?
EDIT: Oh I see where you got that. I think Axle's point here was more that the original screenshots were retrieved from another website, meaning that the right to use those screenshots would belong to the owner of that website, I guess? In that case, you would not have permission to clip from those screenshots, unless the website owner gave that right to you.

As far as I can tell, the problem here is that they're cut from really poor quality screenshots, meaning they're no where near the same quality as a rip from an actually running version of the game would be. It'd be like cutting sprites out from a camcorder Let's Play of a DS game.

These pictures are valuable as they're unused and represent an important part of the game's growth, sure, but they're unacceptable quality for sprite submission. A better place for them to be stored would be a wiki, rather than a sprite archival site.
Note that the reason that a recreation would be acceptable (though likely under the customs section rather than rips) is because it would then be a high-quality, usable pixel art.
Thanked by: Sevenstitch, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Princess Peach - Unused portraits - by Kitsu - 09-25-2013, 04:31 PM