Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Take the Nostalgia Away. What Do You Get?
Just something I was thinking about after reading some posts on other forums. If you take away the nostalgic childhood memory factor from games you've played, and rated them from a more objective standpoint, where would you stand,and how would your rating change? Give examples.

I'll start with Pokemon Red/Blue. They were actually my second Pokemon Games (the first being Gold/Silver/Crystal), but still in my childhood. I absolutely loved being able to get monsters to travel with, and make them grow stronger. It was very captivating and addicting, and also a little scary at times from the mind of a child. Looking back on it now, it was still pretty innovative for its time with the level of customization involved, as well as the presentation. It was fun being able to go anywhere on the map you wanted in a mostly non-linear fashion (after you go through Rock Tunnel and get to Lavender Town), finding new monsters to catch and train, as well as just exploring to see what's what. The soundtrack was memorable as well. There's two fatal flaws that make these games not as great as the could be: The Bag, which was ridiculously small. I often found myself having to retreat to the nearest PC or drop items to get items required to progress through the game such as the Hidden Machines. Lastly...the glitches. The glitches on the first set of games are out of control. It is ridiculously easy to break the games, even unintentionally. Overall, if you take the nostalgia away from the games, you still have a decent set of games with high replay value due to the level of customization.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Take the Nostalgia Away. What Do You Get? - by Koh - 09-02-2013, 01:14 PM