Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ThomasSpeedrunner's Custom Sprite Gallery
You are right, these do need serious work. While I honestly give two damns if you listen or not, here are some ways to improve them.

First, these sprites are banded and pillow shaded so far that they can apply as the definition of pillow shading and banding.

Pillow shading refers to the actual way you have shaded. You have shaded along the contours of your sprite without considering the shape
and volume of the sprite, which in result makes the sprite flat and the straight ramps of color blur the image.

Here is your sprite
[Image: emerald1.png]

here is a minor edit to clarify my point
[Image: emerald2.png]

As for your colors, you have a very straight MSpaint type of ramp; all of the colors are of the same hue and saturation making for a very bland sprite.
You need to shift these to give a little life to it.
here is a little hue shift on my edit.
[Image: emerald3.png]
There is very little hue shift, but it still adds a little more too it.

If anything here is confusing, try referring to our Spriter's Dictionary, It is a pretty good starting point, and has quite a bit in it.

Keep practicing, show us more. We could always use new spriters here Smile

EDIT: I feel I should add that If you haven't actually come here for critique, this is the wrong place to post; that's kind of what we are all about here Wink
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ThomasSpeedrunner's Custom Sprite Gallery - by Sevenstitch - 08-31-2013, 05:26 PM