Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How Can I Display a Downloaded Model with Texture in Blender?
(08-18-2013, 04:13 AM)Bahmo Wrote: I've been trying hard to learn this program since 3-D Studio Max 7 wouldn't work on my new computer, and I wasn't about to buy a newer version, but damn; it's confusing.

Still, hopefully, someone can help me with this. I've downloaded a number of models from your site, and right now, I am looking to render Mario from Mario Sports Mix (I am using the High-Poly SMD) version. I have the model imported into Blender just fine; now I just need to get the included PNG textures onto him. Can anyone help?

Sure thing, Bahmo. I've used Blender A LOT/I'm using version 2.49 and it's served me VERY WELL.

First off, if you have the texture files in the same place as the OBJ/or SMD file, you're already golden there. Now, to get the textures onto the model/Where the textures can be either PNG or JPG, there should be a box called "Object Mode" and next to that should be a yellow box with rectangles in it/It's called Draw Type.

Click that, and a window will pop up & display some options. Click the option called "Textured" and the textures for the Mario model should pop on like a glove.

I've rigged up models for MikuMikuDance so, I figured out how to make Blender work real nice.

Hope that helps out, Bahmo.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Can I Display a Downloaded Model with Texture in Blender? - by ZeltraxMillenium - 08-18-2013, 05:04 AM