Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Unnamed "Ghost Hunt" game Idea
I REALLY like the base concept, but there's a lot of things I'm questioning in the actual implementation.

Namely Ghost/scientist balance:

If I'm correct:
Ghosts advantages are:
See the field of play clearly.
More variety in tactics.
Lower times and/or larger houses favor them

Scientist advantages:
Long run unlimited ammo.
Ability to just out right disable ghosts.
Long range.
Longer times and/or smaller houses favor them

Now in practices this might work out... but I'd like to raise some concerns. The scientist really COULD just start exorcising the entire house object by object. They might not have time for every object in the entire house, but unless the house is too big or the time limit too short, they'd have at least enough time to create safe zones for a supply line to the van before hunting down the ghosts. Also consider as a team game, scientists working in tight mught do stuff like having just one guy light up the way, and rotate between firing and recharging their weapons.

Of course, increasing the size of the house or lowering the time amount might prevent this, but you really don't want to create a situation where the ghosts just hiding all over and sitting there becomes the ideal strategy.
Cat and mouse games are most fun when both parties are actively playing, rather than one just randomly guesses and hopes he finds the randomly hidden other.

TO that end I question the ghost's limited energy. It discourages ghosts moving.
I'd recommend either ghosts have their own version of the van... or have it recharge over time. Recharge over time would be fun... but a "ghost van" somewhere in the house would present interesting tactics on both sides.
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by: Zadaben, Sevenstitch

Messages In This Thread
Unnamed "Ghost Hunt" game Idea - by Sevenstitch - 08-10-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: Unnamed "Ghost Hunt" game Idea - by Candel - 08-12-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Unnamed "Ghost Hunt" game Idea - by Kriven - 08-13-2013, 04:06 AM
RE: Unnamed "Ghost Hunt" game Idea - by Zadaben - 08-15-2013, 11:41 PM
RE: Unnamed "Ghost Hunt" game Idea - by Terminal Devastation - 08-17-2013, 05:13 PM