Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Megaman Legends 3 Prototype Remake, Capcom staff on board
This is...vaguely related...I don't know.

It's an upcoming game from Capcom. Gaist Crusher. Why am I bringing it up? Just look at the gameplay footage. Very similar angle to Mega Man Legends, combat looks a little like Mega Man Legends, the...overall aesthetic seems somewhat like Legends (mixed with...Mega Man Star Force? And a large does of generic shounen too) I've heard that this 3DS game uses the engine from the Mega Man Legends 3 project...

What does it all mean? Using an engine from a cancelled game...doesn't that sound like...something bad? I hate jumping to conclusions, and going off assumptions, but...I dunno.

WELL, anyway, this thread is about this 8-bit Mega Man Legends fangame. I remembered that I had ideas like this before, sort of. Something more ambitious, like having 8-bit versions of more Mega Men, and some big 8-bit crossover, because, that was the original style, and spriting would take exponentially more time in other styles. But I also had an idea for some Battle Network 8-bit classic style fangame, which has a little more precedent thanks to...Network Transmission! (and some random WonderSwan game??) My point is that many people like the 8-bit style (an 8-bit Mega Man fangame was released recently, with another coming in about a week!) and like to try different things with it. It's not supposed to be something malicious.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Megaman Legends 3 Prototype Remake, Capcom staff on board - by Stasis Rune - 07-09-2013, 04:49 AM