The VG Resource

Full Version: Megaman Legends 3 Prototype Remake, Capcom staff on board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
...for an 8-bit game.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/mega-man-le...witterfeed

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Oh, for fuck's sake.

WE GET IT THE NES MEGAMAN GAMES EXISTED
because its costs almost nothing and they hate us
....I don't get it? People complain about not getting MML3 at all....now people complain that they're getting an 8-bit remake of it? You know what this is a case of? Unpleasable Fanbase.
Sure is comforting that a huge antecipated project is getting a 8-bit platformer demake that has nothing to do with what people wanted at all!!!! Fan sure are hard to please huh I agree now please hit me up with more TV Tropes links and tropes that have nothing to do with the situation I'm behind on my reading
It totally has relevance to the situation; at least they're localizing it in SOME fashion. I'd rather get SOMETHING from it, than not be able to play it at all (without a language barrier/region locks). I'd even take something like this for the Madou Monogatari games we never got to play in English, because trying to play a game like that in Japanese? It's totally futile unless you've a guide of some sort.
This seems kind of terrible but it's a -fan- game with like, two Capcom people providing a little help. It's more like a desperate, pathetic cry from fans than a dick move from Capcom. I hope this isn't treated as a scapegoat somehow though.
(07-08-2013, 03:27 AM)Koh Wrote: [ -> ]It totally has relevance to the situation; at least they're localizing it in SOME fashion. I'd rather get SOMETHING from it, than not be able to play it at all (without a language barrier/region locks). I'd even take something like this for the Madou Monogatari games we never got to play in English, because trying to play a game like that in Japanese? It's totally futile unless you've a guide of some sort.

That's not the point, the point is why this is a thing. I get it's a fan game, but remember Street Fighter x Megaman?

Capcom's pretty much riding on 8-bit Megaman fangames to justify their own lack of competence, how the heck is this an unpleasable fanbase jesus christ.
I'm sure even if Capcom decided to pick up the original, they'd still get flack for it, because...people. They always FIND something to complain about. "Oh great, Capcom's finally picking it up, but they're going to eff it up," and stuff like that. I saw the video, and it doesn't look that bad actually, and I'm not even a Megaman fan. I'd play it if I had the system it's coming on and the money to buy it.
Koh, I'm not sure you fully understand the situation here, and forgive me if you already do, but when Capcom cancelled Legends 3 they blamed it on the fans. They are NEVER going to not get flack about anything now, let alone any Mega Man related incident.
(07-08-2013, 04:03 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]Koh, I'm not sure you fully understand the situation here, and forgive me if you already do, but when Capcom cancelled Legends 3 they blamed it on the fans. They are NEVER going to not get flack about anything now, let alone any Mega Man related incident.
Oh I never heard of that....really, they blamed the fanbase? I've...never heard of a company doing that before. I thought they (mostly) catered towards the fanbase because of money. Well, at least it sheds some light on the situation.
capcom literally blamed the megaman fanbase for them not releasing the mml3 prototype
Okay, ummm...

This isn't a replacement of the MML3 prototype in any way. It's mainly just some fans re-imagining the never released prototype to gather interest for the series, probably help unite Classic and Legends fans a little, and as a tribute to the series. The 8-bit style isn't "lazy", it's practical and nostalgic.

I believe it was Capcom of Europe specifically that blamed the fans.

And Mega Man fans just want...official games, that aren't just clunky cash grabs like Xover. That's, understandable, but some of these people complain about the Mega Man stuff we DO get. Like, the Mega Man comics, the artbooks, the plethora of Mega Man figures, Mega Man's return to card games (joining UFS this year!) and board games, stuff like that...people COMPLAIN about that. Acting like we get this stuff INSTEAD of games, but that's just not true. It's different groups and teams that do those things, as opposed to making games. Mega Man fans have reason to be upset and complain, but they often complain about the wrong things.

I'm a huge fan of Mega Man, so I'm well aware of the drought, but...Mega Man gets a ton of cool stuff, and tons of fangames, so I'm not gonna complain about what we DO get.
(07-08-2013, 04:42 AM)Stasis Rune Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't a replacement of the MML3 prototype in any way. It's mainly just some fans re-imagining the never released prototype to gather interest for the series, probably help unite Classic and Legends fans a little, and as a tribute to the series. The 8-bit style isn't "lazy", it's practical and nostalgic.

The problem though is that it's over used to hell with these fucking fan games. Whether or not it's practical or nostalgic isn't in the question.

I'll just say that this is just an insult to the fans for those who were waiting for the real deal. I don't care if there are two guys from Capcom working on this, and I don't care if it's a fan game. The fact that this is being made public is just embarrassing.

For once, I'd like to see some Megaman Fangame that is original and new.
(07-08-2013, 06:19 AM)Diogalesu Wrote: [ -> ]I'll just say that this is just an insult to the fans for those who were waiting for the real deal. I don't care if there are two guys from Capcom working on this, and I don't care if it's a fan game. The fact that this is being made public is just embarrassing.
If they knew it wasn't coming anyway through, because the company said they weren't going to in the first place...then they're essentially waiting on nothing. They shouldn't take out their rage on an innocent fangame that's just being made for entertainment just because they didn't get a new toy. It's so...childlike.
Pages: 1 2 3