Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Megaman Legends 3 Prototype Remake, Capcom staff on board
Rereading the article, you are correct. The team making this fangame consists of two separate fangroups,
and two Capcom employees that worked on previous megaman legends titles. Regardless of this, It is
still a 2d "NES style" version of a 3d franchise game that fails to even fit the restrictions of the era of game it is
trying to emulate, or even share a likeness to the game it is being demaked from.

"NES Style" or "8-bit" is not a style, it is a set of technical restrictions that must be adhered to for a game
to be playable on an NES.

Saying that this is a valid replacement for MML3 is in poor taste in my opinion. Whether It is actually endorsed
by Capcom or not is irrelevant to me; the fact that It hasn't been ordered a Cease and Desist tells me that they are
alright with it, and have no plans to ever release a proper version of the game everyone wanted to purchase
in the first place.

All the luck in the world to this fangame team and the MML fan community, I hope the game is good and sheds
awareness at Capcom. Perhaps this could give a push to Capcom towards releasing a proper MML3 in the future.

I won't be getting my hopes up.
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by: BullockDS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Megaman Legends 3 Prototype Remake, Capcom staff on board - by Sevenstitch - 07-08-2013, 07:06 PM