Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
A Mario fangame! It's a fangame! With Mario!
I figured people would bend one way or the other but so far most people think it should be an option. Which is kind of weird. But heck, I'll try it out.

Also bam:

[Image: MarioIdleNew_zps8b3681cf.gif]

Super special idle animation for boss fights. (Complete with angry eyebrow action!) And it's already in the game.

And I had a huge-ass post on MFGG about a special announcement for fans of Luigi, so I'll just cross-post it even though I do think some of it will be lost on you guys but I am too lazy to edit it for tSR-topic-land.

MFGG Land Wrote:So wow! It's the Year of Luigi in the Nintendo calendar! He's getting the spotlight this year and nobody could be happier.

So I guess it's fair to say Luigi is gonna be a playable character in the game?

[Image: LuigiTime_zps9c00f666.png]
Oh yes, it is Luigi time.

There's no doubt some of you had already figured this out though - I've been dropping hints since the beginning of production!

For those of you clever enough to have figured out the Imanok* Code in the first few builds...

[Image: RankingScreen.png]
You know, when it still looked like this.

You were treated to Luigi saying "Let's-a go!" fairly tentatively. Also good job! Post here if you figured it out back then. Don't post if you just went and tried it now, though, shame on you, because I had to tell you it existed in the first place. Loser. Charlatan. And I will know. Oh yeah, I will know.

And back when I revealed Achievements...

[Image: AchievementsMaybe-1.png]
Why specify clearing as Mario? I pretty much spelled it out here.

So yeah, Luigi's a playable character with his own spiff costumes for you to see!

[Image: LuigiTime_zps9c00f666.png]
Aside from reversed colours for every powerup, his Ice pallet is a little purpler than Mario's, yet still a lighter purple than his overalls. Metal Luigi hasn't been made yet but won't differ from Metal Mario.

And if I do make unlockable costumes, don't worry. He has his own set too.

[Image: LuigiAlts_zps5d74c85f.png]
Normal! SMB! SMB3! SMB Fire! Official Fire! Reverse Ice!

He even has an important role in the story. Good for him! We love ya, Weeg.

There is a catch, though, to playing as the Lean Green Machine. You have to finish the game as Mario before you can start a New Game Plus as Luigi. He'll have his own story an' everything, but you'll only be able to play levels you already cleared as Mario, so unlocking a new path in Luigi's game will lead to dead ends until you go back and unlock/clear them as Mario. But you needn't worry about that too much! You'll be able to swap between Mario and Luigi freely on the Map screen, and levels you can or can't play as Luigi (or Mario - unlocking a path as Luigi does not unlock it for Mario!) will be apparent - Map Paths and Levels inaccessible with one character will be transparent.

That all needs to be programmed, mind you, but it shouldn't be too hard!

But Luigi will play as... well, Luigi. Higher, floatier jumps and slower move speed is the name of his game, along with worse traction. So some levels might be easier and some might be harder.

And speaking of story - what would you guys prefer? Cutscenes entirely in pantomime antics, or with dialogue like the original Classic games? The dialogue would be along the lines of "It's Wednesday! Bowser always kidnaps Peach on a Tuesday so clearly, his latest plan must be extra dastardly!" and "Well, if it isn't Mario! And his lime-coloured shadow! He actually brought you along for the adventure this time!" and "Figured it wasn't over yet. Sunset Heights was in plain sight of the drawbridge and the Princess was moved to another castle."

Self-referential humor like that. Oh it was worse in the first Classic game. Mario was gonna pay Bowser $20 to kidnap Peach only for him to have done it already. (Incidentally, that's why the Saved $20 Achievement is so named. I'm guessing a lot of you probably thought it meant "Free Mario Game I Didn't Have To Pay Twenty Dollars For." So it's a double entendre. Yes, I did that on purpose. I am the cleverererest. A lot of the Achievement names are either references to my stuff or Chip and Ironicus videos. At least a couple to MFGG. There's even one to Batman Beyond, too!)

So yeah. Just let me know so I don't make a dialogue engine only to find out nobody even wants it.

*Ha, I didn't forget the asterisk! Confused about Imanok? Look at it in a mirror or something, I'm not gonna baby you all the way. Christ. And don't complain about it being totally obtuse because I did give you hints to its existence! Helpful hints!

Also I lied when I said I wouldn't edit it. I had to change the size thing because a text size 75 on MFGG is actually tiny. It's kind of like how a frigid 30 in Fahrenheit is very very hot in Celsius-world. (It is not like that at all.)

And there were a couple other things I added. Here and there. So what I'm saying is that I lied about everything in this post (except the boss battle idle and Luigi being playable and the details of that, those parts were true).
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanked by: puggsoy, Sengir, Phaze, Lexou Duck

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Mario fangame! It's a fangame! With Mario! - by Zero Kirby - 02-18-2013, 02:57 AM