Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
[Open Source] General 2D Level Editor || Any Interested?
Well that the thing, what it does depends on what plugins you make for it. One plugin can be for tile-based sprites and another vector-based (If someone is willing to program that in...). The point is to have a program where all these plugins can cooperate together to make a larger and better tool.

The stuff i've made so far was a "Primitives Plugin" which just basically draws shapes (rectangles, circles, polygons, poly fans, beziers, and lines) which i mainly use for level collisions. I made a "Tile Mapster" which is just something that handles placing tile-based sprites. I made one more which was just something i could use to place sprites ( i also added saving/loading of sprite sources so i don't have to re-create them all the time).

To add game variables i might need, i added support for custom properties that can be created and changed with the main program.

Im still waiting for some people to get interested or else i'll just have to continue solo-ing the project.
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Open Source] General 2D Level Editor || Any Interested? - by TheShyGuy - 01-24-2013, 03:28 PM