Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A Mario fangame! It's a fangame! With Mario!
So hey, actual progress! (I never can stick to one project at once.) I've decided to rework how the Boost Jump works - I figured that, as it was, it kind of overrode the Ice Flower as the jump was supposed to be very very high or long - whereas the Ice Flower was supposed to be usable to reach out of reach places by freezing enemies to use as platforms. So I've changed how the Boost Jump works to make it more of a Double Jump with a direction, just like Fox's Fire Fox attack from Super Smash Bros..

[Image: BoostJump_zps28358e1b.png]

And of course, like I said, you can use it to pulverize walls of Brick Blocks, which means it WILL access some places other powerups simply can't. You can't Boost Jump in any downward direction, though, unless you're skydiving, so for downward block bashing, Metal Mario's still your main man.

[Image: BoostBlast_zpsdf5df5f2.png]

It still needs some tweaking though. Oh, and it does have a cooldown timer...

[Image: BoostCharge_zps81d70eee.png]

Also, I was thinking of a weird little extra thing that I dunno if I'm gonna do yet, but in each World there'd be one level with a jukebox in it playing music from a Sonic game (that doesn't feature Mario - that's gonna be an important distinction if I get to make a Doomship level since there's an awesome Flying Battery Zone mix in Mario and Sonic at the Olympics). Finding and smashing the first jukebox unlocks the Sound Test and all the ones afterward unlock something different, like an extra HUD or something. It's an extension of the first level joke using Green Hill and a jukebox.

Again, something I might do, something I might not. It depends on what I can get done or not.
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanked by: puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Mario fangame! It's a fangame! With Mario! - by Zero Kirby - 01-20-2013, 11:31 AM