Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites
(12-21-2012, 04:43 PM)Maxim Wrote: I have no objections on these sprite sheets, my only suggestion for the future might be, to reduce the size of the signature, but apart from that, everything looks fine to me.
I didn't expect other people to care about the Rushing Beat series at all. Since this is a knock off, i wonder why i played this game actually more than Final Fight. Must be the ball bustin' punches and fighting locations like a driving bus. Anyway, keep up the good work, GlassJawBoxer!

For me it was the fact that I had a brother and final fight as much as we both love that game and I've played every version and sequel of it imaginable. It did not have 2 player co-op, a decision that boggles my mind today. How could a developer that was hugely successful even back in that day neuter their home version of one of their most successful properties? Only thing I can think of is that since it was one of the a launch titles it pushed the super SNES to its graphical limitations and there wasn't enough memory.

Whatever the secret was Jaleco had it and what started off as a shameless knockoff, ended with one of the greatest side scrolling brawlers in history to date. The coveted peacekeepers! it's on the list of one of the games I'm going to be buried with.

(12-21-2012, 01:41 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote:
(12-20-2012, 05:46 PM)Dazz Wrote: I totally would for the first 2 rips; not sure about the others, that's going to be down to what Shade or Maxim thinks.

Other than the "Dingo" sheet, which I'm pretty sure I included a palette for on the "Warrior" sheet, I have no issues with the other ones. Once again GlassJawBoxer, fantastic job on all of these. People like you encourage me to rip even more! Smile

Yeah, Dingo didn't even have a different head. The goofiness will always be endearing to me with this game, you got your standard street thugs and gang members. Then you got this 7 foot tall jerk off dress like hes right out of feudal Japan terrorizing the San Francisco streets. XD
Thanked by: Shade, Maxim

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites - by Ton - 12-20-2012, 03:55 PM
RE: Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites - by Ton - 12-20-2012, 11:06 PM
RE: Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites - by GlassJawBoxer - 12-21-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites - by Ton - 12-23-2012, 12:30 PM