Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites
(12-20-2012, 03:44 AM)Dazz Wrote: Are these every sprite? It seems to me that these would result in jumpy animations. But I've never played the game, so I can't say for sure.

It looks to me like it could well be, considering the rips already on the site though.

By cleaned up, do you mean that you actually edited the sprites at all, or just removed the background, etc? Because we tend to not like having sprites that have been modified in looks, as it's no longer 1:1 with the original material.

Glad to see these though, I love it when sections of the site get completed! I'm glad we could help you guys out too, I love these sorts of projects! Smile

I was surprised myself when I found out that big Al only had two walking animations. But then again the first Jaleco rushing beat game was a shameless knockoff of final fight and would have been forgotten as such except for the fact that it actually had 2 player cooperative action. I think by sacrificing significant frames of animation for their enemy sprites allow them to have enough memory to pull off that function, or because they were on a Japanese deadline, something crazy like a month with a skeleton crew development team. At least that's my speculation.

In compensation for the lack of animations big Al especially ran at twice the frame rate and was a cheap speedy hard-hitting bastard only second to the Captain. The game was extremely difficult but not impossible it was the first game that me and my brother took a year to beat. It almost seems like these bosses were created in order, they diminishing quality and attack patterns the further you get into the game but I still love the original art style. It was a major influence in my art when I was a kid.

Also you guys are going to laugh at me, I'm still fairly new to ripping sprites so when I say cleaning up I mean removing the background from the screenshots I take off ZNES. I was vaguely aware that you could shut down layers using that emulator but I didn't realize it was as simple as toggling the number keys, shit I'll go ahead and rip the final levels probably today. Thanks for the tid-bit, this will move things along a lot faster and easier.

There's no editing or altering of the sprites, I'll submit my customized rights in the correct category.

(12-20-2012, 10:41 AM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: These look great! I need to finish the rest of the enemies from this now that I think about it! Smile
Quote:Are these every sprite? It seems to me that these would result in jumpy animations. But I've never played the game, so I can't say for sure.

It looks to me like it could well be, considering the rips already on the site though.
Yeah, this game is kind of lacking in animations, which I was never very fond of. From what I see though, these are all the animations from those two characters.

Hey ShadeDBZ! you and Maxim the ones who collected a majority of the sprites for this game that are already on the site. I wanted to thank you for that, because of your hard work I was able to make the altered ego head swaps of all the goons. I can go ahead and submit those as well.
Thanked by: Shade, Maxim

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites - by GlassJawBoxer - 12-20-2012, 12:29 PM
RE: Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites - by Ton - 12-20-2012, 03:55 PM
RE: Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites - by Ton - 12-20-2012, 11:06 PM
RE: Rival Turf/Rushing Beat boss sprites - by Ton - 12-23-2012, 12:30 PM