[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
First Sprites need constructive criticism
Well, for usual sprites and pixelart, we use MS Paint. It's more than enough to place pixels, so I'd reccomend it.

Talking in a pixelart sense, this has too many colors (generated by program algorythms instead of manually thought and placed), lack of sharpness (too blurred) and contrast. I'd suggest to work in a way similar to this:

[Image: YUNBf.png]

Basically, draw the pixels by yourself, with a good contrasting color ramp and sharp shapes and lines, for a more pleasant graphic set. Of course, your style and feel is much different from the example above, but sharp, readable graphics are good no matter the feel you're trying to achieve.

If you don't wish to do pixelart, you still need to clean it up and increase contrast anyway so please work on it.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Sprites need constructive criticism - by Gors - 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM