Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Sprites
I tried to explain it in the last post but of course a picture's better, so here:

[Image: iMhWLJPS9HoJp.png]

The first image is a background image viewed in the bottom screen while solving the puzzle, while the puzzle's text is in the top screen. The second image appears in the top screen once you've solved the puzzle, while the bottom screen has text explaining the answer or congratulating you.
This what most puzzles would consist of (plus my tag of course), since the graphics for answering are used by multiple puzzles (which I'll put in another sheet). Some puzzles, however, may answer using graphics specific to that puzzle. For instance, the puzzle I'm using as an example is a tetris-type puzzle, and uses these pieces:

[Image: ibx72coQspklD.png]

So I'd put these along with the background images in the sheet. Depending on the puzzle there may be many or few of these kind of graphics.

By the way, it's possible that I may choose to add an extra image containing the puzzle name, if I decide that the font or background of the name isn't rippable. These are the same size as the background images, so if I decide to include them I'll just add it to the sheet.

(09-28-2012, 11:16 AM)Previous Wrote: If you go for one sheet per puzzle, you could still look into putting similar puzzles onto one sheet (like the chess puzzles etc; the one that have harder versions).

Maybe. You're probably thinking about those "Too Many Queens" puzzles from the Curious Village. I could do that with that puzzle specifically, since they all have similar graphics, but puzzles like these tetris-style ones often have different pieces. What's more, I would prefer (although it's not necessary) to have the sheets numbered, so that they're in order and people can find them easily. Related puzzles are rarely next to each other so putting them together would break this order.

I could also put puzzle answering graphics in entirely different sheets altogether, they could have their own section.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by puggsoy - 09-28-2012, 11:29 AM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM