Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Sprites
Fonts [Miscellaneous] [fix of existing sheet] - 22/09/2012

[Image: ib15kMyJ5wQTQ0.png]

Using the super-awesome modified Gens (Gens11b) that Maxim linked to here, I discovered that my fonts were missing a black outline. I was using them for an icon today and noticed that they looked a bit weird on some backgrounds, so I checked it out. I wanted to check it out for a while but only got round to it now because of this.
So anyway yeah just reripped them all with the borders. I also checked and confirmed that Gens11b uses EXACTLY the same palettes as Gens, which according to Yawackhary is as close to the true palette as you'll get. Gens/GS, which I used previous, uses a palette that looks exactly the same, but GIMP gave slightly different values, while Gens11b emulator gives identical values. I won't go and rerip every sheet though, as far as I can tell the differences are so extremely miniscule, if they even exist at all, that it would be too much work for pretty much no reason.

In any case I'll be using Gens11b from now on.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by puggsoy - 09-22-2012, 04:27 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM